Best Way To Dye A Weave Ombre Style
Buying a weave is an exciting time in any woman’s life. It gives her the perfect chance to renew her look. Some women simply want to buy a weave to add extra volume or length to their natural hair, but other women see buying a weave as an excellent opportunity to explore their creativity and to achieve an entirely new look that will help them “reinvent” their sense of fashion. One way that women use a weave to get a new look is by choosing a new color. Weaves can be purchased in almost any color – ranging from plain black to more creative colors, like bright red. One particular style of color that has become popular in the last few years is an ombre style. While some companies do offer weaves that already has an ombre color style, some people also prefer to buy a single-colored weave and do the ombre themselves.
How To Dye Your Weave In An Ombre Style
We are going to take you step-by-step through the process of dying your own weave and achieving an ombre style in this guide. Ombre styled hair are generally darker at the tops (roots) and gets lighter downwards. The ideal ombre style looks as if the two colors fade into one another. To get started with this process, you will need the following tools and products:
- Hair Dye – For this process, we highly recommend L’Oreal Paris La Petite Frost Highlights. You should choose a light color as the idea is to use the hair dye to make the tips of the weave hair lighter.
- Weave hair – You should use a weave with a darker color, such as dark brown or off-black. The color will be the “base” for your ombre, and the dye will be used to lighten the tips of the weave.
- Brush and towel, as well as latex gloves, should also be purchased to help you achieve the perfect ombre.
Once you have all the equipment and products ready, it is time to start the process. Simply follow these steps to dye your weave hair ombre:
- You need to start with a clean weave. If your weave has any product buildup, then you should first wash it. After washing, you should allow the weave hair to air dry. Avoid using a hairdryer as this may damage your weave – remember that you will be applying a lightener to the hair, which can also lead to some damage. The b
- Best option is to allow the weave to air dry during the night and to start the process in the morning.
- When your weave is clean, you should brush through all the hair. Make sure the weave hair isn’t tangled and ensure there are no knots.
- It is now time to apply the lightener to your weave hair. Make sure you wear the latex gloves during
- this step. Place the hair on the towel and apply the lightener to the bottom part of the weave hair. The recommended length is three inches, but you can do more if you want the effect to start higher up. The length you cover with the lightener will also depend on the length of your extensions.
- Now leave the lightener on your weave hair for approximately 45 minutes or until the hair is light enough according to your preference.
- Finally, rinse the lightener off your weave hair and then shampoo the hair. You should allow the hair to air dry again before you install it.
Wearing weave hair and hair extensions with an ombre style color has become very popular among people who wear weaves. While some companies do offer pre-dyed hair extensions with an ombre style, many people prefer to do it themselves to achieve the look they prefer. The 5-step process we’ve provided here will help you achieve the perfect look, even when you are on a budget.