Purchasing a weave is a thrilling experience for any lady. It’s the ideal opportunity for her to refresh her appearance. Some women just want to get a weave to add volume or length to their natural hair, while others view it as an opportunity to express their creativity and create a totally new appearance that will allow them to “reinvent” their sense of style. Choosing a new color is one way that women utilize a weave to get a new look. Weaves are available in practically every color, from simple black to more vibrant hues like vivid red. Ombre is a color technique that has been increasingly popular over the last several years. While some firms sell weaves that are already dyed in an ombre color scheme, some individuals choose to buy a single-color weave and dye it themselves.
How To Dye Your Weave In An Ombre Style
In this lesson, we’ll walk you through the steps of dyeing your own weave and obtaining an ombre look. Ombre hair is often darker at the top (roots) and lighter as it progresses downhill. The optimal ombre technique seems to blend the two colors together. You’ll need the following equipment and items to get started with this process:
- Hair Dye – For this process, we highly recommend L’Oreal Paris La Petite Frost Highlights. You should choose a light color as the idea is to use the hair dye to make the tips of the weave hair lighter.
- Weave hair – You should use a weave with a darker color, such as dark brown or off-black. The color will be the “base” for your ombre, and the dye will be used to lighten the tips of the weave.
- Brush and towel, as well as latex gloves, should also be purchased to help you achieve the perfect ombre.
Once you have all the equipment and products ready, it is time to start the process. Simply follow these steps to dye your weave hair ombre:
- You need to start with a clean weave. If your weave has any product buildup, then you should first wash it. After washing, you should allow the weave hair to air dry. Avoid using a hairdryer as this may damage your weave – remember that you will be applying a lightener to the hair, which can also lead to some damage. The b
- Best option is to allow the weave to air dry during the night and to start the process in the morning.
- When your weave is clean, you should brush through all the hair. Make sure the weave hair isn’t tangled and ensure there are no knots.
- It is now time to apply the lightener to your weave hair. Make sure you wear the latex gloves during
- this step. Place the hair on the towel and apply the lightener to the bottom part of the weave hair. The recommended length is three inches, but you can do more if you want the effect to start higher up. The length you cover with the lightener will also depend on the length of your extensions.
- Now leave the lightener on your weave hair for approximately 45 minutes or until the hair is light enough according to your preference.
- Finally, rinse the lightener off your weave hair and then shampoo the hair. You should allow the hair to air dry again before you install it.
People who use weaves have been increasingly interested in ombre-style weave hair and hair extensions. While some firms provide pre-dyed ombre hair extensions, many individuals choose to color it themselves to obtain the appearance they want. Even if you’re on a budget, the 5-step procedure we’ve shared here will help you get the perfect appearance.